- In Sri Lanka, Akbar Brothers won Presidential Export Awards in 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2009. The company was cited as being Sri Lanka’s highest net foreign-exchange earner, exporter to the highest number of destinations worldwide and best value-added tea exporter.
- The Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing named Akbar its ‘international brand of the year’ in 2003 and again in 2004.
- Akbar Brothers received a citation for ‘excellence in business performance’ from the country’s National Chamber of Commerce in 2005, as well as a citation for ‘blockuster performance’ the same year.
- The company received Gold awards for ‘most outstanding exporter’ and ‘best Sri Lankan brand exporter’ from the National Chamber of Exporters since 2004.
- Joseph Sinniah, a director of Akbar Brothers, was named ‘world’s best tea blender’ by a prestigious French publication, Thé Magazine, in 2014.